We hope that this site will help problem gamblers and their families find recovery through education and information. We are able at this point to share three assessments for a problem gambler to review to check the level of their problem.
I have provided three assessments for you to take to see how much of a problem your gambling really is for you. These assessments are used by professionals, either one alone or all three together, to initially assess and diagnose problem or compulsive/pathological gamblers:
…and here is a test for family and friends of gamblers: Family Screen
If after taking these assessments you score as either a problem or compulsive/pathological gambler seek support through counseling or Gamblers Anonymous.
• Lane County, Oregon: Problem Gambling Prevention
• Oregon's Department of Human Services Addiction Services: Problem Gambling
• Help for family and friends of a compulsive gambler: Gam-Anon.org
• Help available in multipl languages: Gamb-Ling.com
• Find local counseling through The National Gambling Helpline: 1-800-522-4700
Ready to make the change? This book offers help...
Contact Marcy for a possible ecopy.
This workbook is designed for use in therapy with a counselor, or for a gambler's own use and exploration. It's a great tool for mental health professionals, psychologists, psychiatrists, therapists, social workers, licensed professional counselors, chemical dependency counselors, veterans, Gamblers Anonymous members, or counseling for any other addictions.
New information added, including new worksheets:
Details will be posted soon.